To those with an iPhone 5, how is your battery life?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by locoboi187, Nov 12, 2013.

1. locoboi187, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013

locoboi187 macrumors 6502a

Okay so my previous experience with iOS 7 led to terrible battery life even with fresh installs. Lucky, I am currently on iOS 6 receiving near the rated 10 hour battery life for the iPhone 5S. My day consists of a morning jog (bluetooth/GPS), playing a couple of games for a little bit, phone calls, messaging, safari, alien blue app etc. In the picture attached, I was in a mix of Wi-FI, LTE, and 3G. I am wondering how things are now with 7.0.3 and if any of you can report similar figures with similar usage. Considering the iOS 7 update. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

I'm still on iOS 6 too getting excellent battery life, from what I've read you can probably expect about half of that on iOS 7 using LTE-3G/Wifi, a few games, messaging and Safari like your usage above. Hopefully, someone can prove that false.

3. mattlynch90 macrumors newbie

[​IMG] just finished a night shifts worth of web browsing, Facebook, twitter using 3G and wifi

4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

my usage consists of mostly web browsing, twitter and reading rss feeds. throw in between one and two hours of audio streaming to my car via bluetooth and maybe a bit of navigation, and i get roughly 7 hours of usage against anywhere from 18 to 24 hours of standby. on ios 6, usage was roughly 8.5 hours.

5. locoboi187 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmm a few mixed results, to be expected of course. Maybe I should stick to iOS 6 for just a bit longer. Will have to decide fast once a jailbreak comes out though.

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I'm getting the same battery life from iOS7 as I was with iOS 6 with the same habits/location/usage.

7. MLCM macrumors newbie

Same thing here. Although at the beginning I was disappointed with the very fast consumption of the battery.

What I did, after reading something in this forum, was to cycle a couple of times the battery taking it to the very low % possible.

On two of those cycles, i let the battery drain until reached 1% and the phone switched off.

Later i fully charged and then unplugged. since then the battery has been performing as it was on iOS6.

Phone is an iPhone5 with roughly 6 months usage.

cheers,
    M

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

On average, I notice more or less the same with my iPhone 5.

9. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

It sometimes varies if the celltower near work is having issues. Then it will drop LOL.