To those with Jump on Demand at T-Mobile

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andyx3x, Mar 12, 2016.

1. andyx3x macrumors 65816

I went into a local T-Mobile store tonight to inquire about maybe moving from the iPhone 6S to the Galaxy S7 using one of my 3 yearly upgrades. Anyway the girl at the store said they just got an email from corporate saying not to honor that anymore because people are getting too confused about it and go back to the traditional Jump program.

Anyway we had a back and forth about whether they can do this even if you bought your original phone on the program because I was asking if I turned in my 6S now and got the S7 could I turn that in and get the iPhone 7 in September if I want. She said only if I paid off half the lease on the S7.

So I guess I'll have to check and see if me signing up for the JOD program when I got the 6S in December is binding for any particular period of time.

2. PaladinGuy macrumors 6502

Interesting to hear. I was toying with the idea of using mine for the SE, if it's not a major budget phone. I'd want the option of the iPhone 7 in September though.

I would think that they would have to honor the JOD, but I wouldn't be shocked if there's small print somewhere saying that they can change it at any time.

3. Andres Cantu, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016

Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

They have to honor any jumps you want to do. That's the whole point of the program.

I would escalate the issue to a manager, it doesn't sound like T-Mobile.

4. noobinator macrumors 601

My guess is it's one of those Authorized T-Mobile stores and not an official one. Probably just trying to get out of some work and trying to save money.

5. andyx3x thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm sure I could talk to a manager and get them to do it but the problem is what if I want to move back to the iPhone 7 in September and they say no then. I'd hate to be stuck with the S7 if I don't want it anymore. I know I could just pay off half the lease and do it that way but I really don't wanna do that.

I'm away from home this weekend and will definitely read the paperwork when I get back to see if they have any loopholes in there.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 13, 2016 ---
    Nah it's a corporate store and I've see them go above and beyond to get new phones for their customers. The commission part helps that out.

6. noobinator macrumors 601

They are flat out lying to you. This would be headline news if Tmo just stopped its very popular program. Call 611 and ask if JOD still exists. There's your answer.