to unplug or leave it plugged...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by N-Y, Oct 3, 2009.

1. N-Y macrumors regular

so im loving my new macbook pro... best purchase i made in a while... anyhow at night i shut my computer down, should i leave the power cord plugged to it, or unplug it, or it doesnt matter.... reason i ask, is i read in the passed where there has been some overheating, cords burning, and so on

2. icedd macrumors 6502

icedd

Drain all the battery from it first. And then charge it to full and leave it.

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

dont do that all the time. thats just how you calibrate the battery which should be done every couple of months.

4. N-Y thread starter macrumors regular

i did that yesterday, i drained it completely, left it dead for couple of hours and charged it, but at the end of the night after shutting down my computer, is it fine to leave the power source plugged in, or better to unplug it

5. zw-gator macrumors 6502a

zw-gator

Just leave it plugged in. I've left all my laptops plugged in and have never had a problem *knock on wood*

6. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

I leave mine plugged in almost all the time.

Calibrate the battery once a month as per Apple's directions, and your battery will be fine.

7. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

No problems leaving it plugged in. Battery won't overcharge or anything else...

8. prodigee macrumors 6502a

Like everyone else said, leave it plugged in, and do a battery calibration once a month, and you will be fine. The battery won't overcharge.

But on a sidenote, use the search function please, there must be at least 5 active threads all asking the same question.