To update or not to update...to 4.3

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mcapanelli, Mar 9, 2011.

1. mcapanelli macrumors regular

mcapanelli

Hello all,

Well like a bunch of the people on this forum I have an unlocked iPhone running 4.2 I like my phone. The experience is much richer with the phone in it's current state. With that said I present my NooB question of the week; Will updating my phone revert me to my old format or will cydia stay put when I update. I' m interested to try some sharing over apple tv and the whole hot spot thing but I"m not so sure I'm willing to give up my custom look and apps for it. Anyway that's my stupid question for the week (I hope). :p

2. theonekcrow macrumors 6502a

theonekcrow

Since you are jailbroken, I would not do it until you can confirm that the jalibreak and unlock tools are released and work well with 4.3. I know that 4.3 has a baseband change, so at this time, DO NOT upgrade if you wanna keep your unlock.

I should note that the unlock I am talking about above is the unlock through jailbreak, not a factory or carrier (aka official) unlock.

And I acutally didnt answer the question, lol. If you update, you will go back to stock themes and settings, unless you have a tool that can rejailbreak 4.3 too.

3. mcapanelli thread starter macrumors regular

mcapanelli

Thanks mate, that's what I thought would happen so I held off. If I had a tool to jailbreak 4.3 I'd certainly share with the class but alas I do not. I used the green poison jailbreak so looks like I'll just be patient and stick with what I have for now. Thanks again!

4. howhow3gs Guest

Just a quick question, if my phone does not need the unlock, but im on 4.2.1 with bb 6.15, can I still update to 4.3?

If I do update, will it fail?