To update or not to update?

aznboi91

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012

I've run into a bit of a problem today. My Messages on my OSX Lion (beta) finally deactivated it today. :(

I'm faced with updating my OS some time this week just so I am able to use that feature again...idk how long it will take apple to put out another OS update like Bobcat or something...And I don't want to shell out another 20$ just for one single app and make my machine run slower and suck the juice out of it. I don't want to use iChat because it just isn't convenient...I liked to message directly to a phone number...

My question is...If I have a separate computer, for instance my sister which has Mountain Lion, can I use her account to download Mountain Lion and install it on my machine as well?

Thanks everybody.

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland

I've run into a bit of a problem today. My Messages on my OSX Lion (beta) finally deactivated it today. :(

I'm faced with updating my OS some time this week just so I am able to use that feature again...idk how long it will take apple to put out another OS update like Bobcat or something...And I don't want to shell out another 20$ just for one single app and make my machine run slower and suck the juice out of it. I don't want to use iChat because it just isn't convenient...I liked to message directly to a phone number...

My question is...If I have a separate computer, for instance my sister which has Mountain Lion, can I use her account to download Mountain Lion and install it on my machine as well?

Thanks everybody.
ML licenses are valid for one's whole household, so the answer would be yes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.