To upgrade or not? I haven't decided.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jbachandouris, Jun 10, 2010.

  1. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

    jbachandouris

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2009
    Location:
    Upstate NY
    #1
    I have an 32GB iPhone 3Gs. I am not upgrade eligible which means $399 for the 16GB or $499 for the 32GB. I can get $304 from Gazelle.com and about the same from Radio Shack trade in. The problem is that would leave me with around $250 to pay out of pocket. I wish I had tried to sell it sooner, I am sure the market is about to be flooded if it already isn't!

    I was planning on buying my first MacBook Pro in the next few weeks. I doubt I can justify both.
     
  2. Mercaptan macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2004
    #2
    I just sold my 3GS 32GB for $450 on Craigslist yesterday. Prices do seem to be declining a little bit as more people sell theirs, but especially with the big hike in the early termination fee, off-contract phones will retain their value.

    If you can't sell your iPhone for nearly as much as the upgrade cost, then I wouldn't try and do that and the laptop at once.
     
  3. jbachandouris thread starter macrumors 68040

    jbachandouris

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2009
    Location:
    Upstate NY
    #3
    What price did you list it for? I don't want to start to high or too low.
     
  4. Mercaptan macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2004
    #4
    I listed it at $450, and stated that the price was firm. Sold it off for that much within 18 hours. The phone was in excellent condition, and had all the original accessories and packaging. This made a difference to my buyer who was giving it as a gift.
     
  5. jbachandouris thread starter macrumors 68040

    jbachandouris

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2009
    Location:
    Upstate NY
    #5
    Mine is a 3 day old Apple refurb (from the Apple Store as a replacement for mine). It is in PERFECT condition. I have the original box and everything that it came with. The headphone has never been used and the plastic is still on the AC adaptor block. I am also selling it with a white speck case, a leather case and an Belkin FM transmitter.

    Problem-not upgrade eligible, so $557 is how much I need to uprgrade.
     

Share This Page