To upgrade or not to upgrade...THAT is the question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Robcfl, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Robcfl macrumors newbie

Hello all--

I'm currently running a base model 13" mid-2012 MBP. This is the classic, non-retina model with the disc drive (the last model year made before ditching the drive and adding retina).

I've got the itch to upgrade but am wondering if it is worth it. I do lots of graphic design via illustrator, photoshop and indesign. Also do some video editing. I've loved my current MBP, but it's starting to slow a little in its "old" age.

Would I be best served in investing in the 2015 model or the new 2016? Either way I am seriously considering moving up to the 15" for the added screen size to make design a little easier. I've played with the new 2016 TB model and liked what I saw for the most part. I don't mind needing dongles...I just want to make sure that an investment of that amount is actually going to provide a worthwhile performance upgrade, and a computer that will set me up for the next 4-6 years.

Opinions? Annnnnnd go! Thanks!

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

Well I'd go with the 2016 in your case just for the improved screen, but yeah you will want quadcore loveliness and the large screen of the 15 inch I think.