to upgrade or not to upgrade

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by viktorlsn, Mar 31, 2012.

1. viktorlsn macrumors member

hey guys, so here is the thing. i have an imac 2011 with snow leopard, i would like upgrading it to lion before mountain lion's release. but i hav some simple questions:
    1) i hav some major programs that are very improtant for me and my work, that are cracked, and i've heard that some people, by some programs being cracked and unpdatble, had some issues after doing the upgrade. some programs in my mac are not up to date, and therefore may not work well on lion right ? or no ? i plan to do it via the mac app store, legally. if it isn't made for lion, it will be impossible to use the program ?or it will run, but with some bugs ?

2) you guys think that it is better to upgrade now, or wait until mountain lion's be released, i don't know…

3) hav anyone had ANY issues related to apps that don't work anymore after the upgrade ? which ones ? how do ya solve it ?

any thoughts and advices are very appreciated. thanks in advance and sorry about my poor english.

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Before you buy Lion get an external thumb drive (8G or larger) to make Lion install drive described in the article How to make a bootable Lion install disc or drive ( IMHO the usb Thumb drive will be faster than a DVD for installing). This way you can fresh install at your leisure. Plus this would be good for multiple Mac Lion installs.

3. viktorlsn thread starter macrumors member

ok, thanks, i've already heard about that. but hav you had any type of problems after upgrading like those that i've listed ? thanks for the reply

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

No problems. I bought Lion on my Mac Pro and used the thumb drive procedure on my two other Macs. So far I have not ruin into any noticeable problems.

One thing about Lion, you will have to install Flash separately on your Lion installs.

5. viktorlsn thread starter macrumors member

oh, ok. but you also donwload it and did a "non" clean isntall ? (i dont want a new mac, will restore if necessary) or did you do a clean install. if yes, its better to restore from back up, or do a non clean install ?

6. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Why should people here have to pay a higher price for software so you can get "cracked" versions AND THEN... ease your apprehension about running that stolen software after an OS upgrade?

LOL!

7. viktorlsn thread starter macrumors member

i dont hav the money to afford like, 1000 dolars programs(such as like adobes programs), but i hav 30 bucks to hav the conffort of doing a simple and secure upgrade, that would probably make my life easier.
    but yes, this is very contraditory... ;)