To upgrade or not to upgrade

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dthmtlgod, Jun 22, 2010.

1. dthmtlgod macrumors 6502

Got a couple of phones reserved. Love the new iOS4 features on my 3GS. I have gotten the new iPhone on launch day since iDay. This time, I am not sure. The only thing that I miss on my current phone is the flash on the camera. Dont really need FaceTime as no one I know will have a iPhone 4 (my second phone would be for the wife). Don't care about HD video, etc. The new display would be nice.

Am I missing something?

,,, at a crossroad

2. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

I was at a crossroad also, but the HD video recording, coupled with iMovie and the higher resolution display made it far too difficult to pass up...

Face time, I doubt I'd use it so that wasn't a deciding factor...

3. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Got my 3Gs last July, my first iPhone.

While tempted to upgrade to iPhone 4, I just updated my OS on the 3Gs and will live with that. The extra features on iP4 are NICE, but not worth the extra cost of me upgrading to the new phone now. I'll wait until iPhone 5 at the very least.

Mike

4. taybo20 macrumors regular

taybo20

5. TRAG macrumors 6502

TRAG

I'd say upgrade.

I bought a 3GS on launch date and after the iOS upgrade I briefly thought about not upgrading… Then I came back to my senses and decided I will for the new hardware: display, faster processor, RAM, and cameras. I could live without FaceTime and HD recording. But why not get it if you can afford it. Plus it's only upgrade price.