To wait or buy an emac?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by hotsnuglemonstr, Dec 9, 2004.

  1. hotsnuglemonstr macrumors newbie


    Nov 30, 2004
    San Francisco
    I'm currently a pc user and i'm going to make the switch, because of final cut. I originally was going for the imac, but i'm on a budget. So i'm pretty sure i'm going to go with the emac, but i dont know if i should wait and see if theres going to be a new one or not. I could get a apple certified, but i dont want to buy one and be sorry. what should i do? any ideas? am i doing this wrong?
  2. themacman macrumors 6502

    Jun 7, 2004

    If you need it tomrow then go out and buy it but if you cna wait a week yoiu can wait 3 and a half
  3. 2A Batterie macrumors 6502a

    2A Batterie

    Jun 9, 2004
    Out of a Suitcase, USA
    If you are going with an emac, you probably should wait as a G5 version of the emac is likely to be release in January at MWSF. Don't rule out an apple certified refurb imac G5; for 1299 it is not a bad deal at all.
  4. intrepkid21 macrumors regular

    Apr 6, 2004
    Long Island, New York
    I think the update will be very should def wait it out.
  5. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

    Dr. Dastardly

    Jun 26, 2004
    I live in a giant bucket!
    The iMac just got the G5, why do you think the eMac is going to get one this soon? If it gets anything they will put in a new a new G4 like the 1.5Ghz and use up those chips.
  6. Maedus macrumors regular

    Dec 4, 2004
    I feel that if you can wait, hotsnuglemonstr, you should. Regardless of what processor the eMacs get, be it a G4 or a G5, the eMac will definitely be superior to what is currently on the market, and the update should be just around the corner. If the current eMacs are good enough for you now, then the new eMacs should be even better.

    But if you can't wait, then you should look through the Apple Store and see what deals they have and pick whatever you think is best for yourself. Sure you will be disappointed to see a better machine for the same price in the future, but then again, this in inevitable, regardless of when you buy a computer. The bright side is that whatever you buy will still be a viable machine years down the road. I know this because I'm typing this post on my G3 Beige.

Share This Page