To wait or not to wait for the retina 13 inch?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by papetorh, Oct 14, 2012.

1. papetorh macrumors newbie

That is the question my friends. Will you wait for it this month? or just give up.:rolleyes::confused:

2. Tritons macrumors 6502

Wait. I had same dilemma some time ago, to get 15''cMBP or wait for rMBP, I did wait and I'm extremely happy. It's great computer, super thing, super light, super powerful and I have seen only one rMBP in my campus (except mine)

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

OP, the typical logic for such dilemmas is whether you need the laptop now or you can wait.

If you have an immediate need, then get a laptop now, otherwise its better to wait even if the wait is a couple of months.

I waited 6 months for the 15" MBP refresh. I knew that I was replacing my 13" MBP last January but I waited until the Ivy Bridge chipset was available. My 13" laptop was working so it wasn't a need but a want so I was able to wait.

4. MT0227 macrumors 6502

What exactly are you waiting for? The current rMBP weighs as much as the MBP 13". I see it as getting free re-estate for the same weight...13" is a bit small for photo and or video editing IMO and doesn't really work for me. I guess it depends what you are doing and why you want/need a 13" vs. a 15"