Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

papetorh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2012
That is the question my friends. Will you wait for it this month? or just give up.:rolleyes::confused:

Tritons

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2011
Wait. I had same dilemma some time ago, to get 15''cMBP or wait for rMBP, I did wait and I'm extremely happy. It's great computer, super thing, super light, super powerful and I have seen only one rMBP in my campus (except mine)

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
OP, the typical logic for such dilemmas is whether you need the laptop now or you can wait.

If you have an immediate need, then get a laptop now, otherwise its better to wait even if the wait is a couple of months.

I waited 6 months for the 15" MBP refresh. I knew that I was replacing my 13" MBP last January but I waited until the Ivy Bridge chipset was available. My 13" laptop was working so it wasn't a need but a want so I was able to wait.

MT0227

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
What exactly are you waiting for? The current rMBP weighs as much as the MBP 13". I see it as getting free re-estate for the same weight...13" is a bit small for photo and or video editing IMO and doesn't really work for me. I guess it depends what you are doing and why you want/need a 13" vs. a 15"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.