To wait or not to wait for the retina 13 inch?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by papetorh, Oct 14, 2012.

  1. papetorh macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2012
    #1
    That is the question my friends. Will you wait for it this month? or just give up.:rolleyes::confused:
     
  2. Tritons macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2011
    #2
    Wait. I had same dilemma some time ago, to get 15''cMBP or wait for rMBP, I did wait and I'm extremely happy. It's great computer, super thing, super light, super powerful and I have seen only one rMBP in my campus (except mine)
     
  3. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #3
    OP, the typical logic for such dilemmas is whether you need the laptop now or you can wait.

    If you have an immediate need, then get a laptop now, otherwise its better to wait even if the wait is a couple of months.

    I waited 6 months for the 15" MBP refresh. I knew that I was replacing my 13" MBP last January but I waited until the Ivy Bridge chipset was available. My 13" laptop was working so it wasn't a need but a want so I was able to wait.
     
  4. MT0227 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2009
    #4
    What exactly are you waiting for? The current rMBP weighs as much as the MBP 13". I see it as getting free re-estate for the same weight...13" is a bit small for photo and or video editing IMO and doesn't really work for me. I guess it depends what you are doing and why you want/need a 13" vs. a 15"
     

Share This Page