To wait or not to wait...MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by lauramhepp, Jul 16, 2008.

1. lauramhepp macrumors newbie

lauramhepp

Hi guys,

Can you guys give me your thoughts on this scenario?

Getting myself a 17" all the bells and whistles MBP for graduation in December. (No matter when said purchase happens I won't be using it until my last class is over in early Dec.)

The ideal situation is to wait to place an order until early December, use it as soon as I am done, yay.

But now the Apple rumors are swirling about the redesign...

I am in LOVE and always have been with the current MBP design.

I dislike the MBA black keypad immensely.

Do you think any upgrade, update or redesign would be substantial enough to warrant regret for getting the current and soon to be outdated model?

Just wanted to know your thoughts, thanks :)

2. KelchM macrumors regular

3. ihabime macrumors 6502

It has been a while since the macbooks have seen a redesign, but rumors about new designs are always swirling around. It's a pretty iconic look for apple, so I don't expect a huge change, some slight reshaping, different keyboard, maybe something with the screen.

If the changes are not to your liking you can always pick up an old one from the refurb store or a reseller that still has them in stock.

4. munckee macrumors 65816

Why not wait. if you don't like the redesign, the current model will only get cheaper (refurb or 3rd party vendor).

5. savvos macrumors regular

If you aren't going to be using it until December, you should wait until then. If you don't like the look of whatever redesign comes, you can pick up the previous generation at a discount on clearance or as a refurb and save quite a bit of money.

Edit: Ha, beat me to it.