To wait, Or not to wait, That is the Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by drev0013, Apr 20, 2008.

  1. drev0013 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2008
    #1
    I have decided to replace my pc setup with a 17" 2.5GHz Hi Res MBP and a 23" display.

    I know there have been rumblings for both of these to be updated. It isn't the end of the world for me if I don't get them right away. What are the chances that one or both of these will see significant updates in the near future (in the next 3 months)? Should I hold off, or will changes likely be little more than cosmetic?
     
  2. mogzieee macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2008
    Location:
    London, UK
    #2
    I'm waiting for a new MacBook / MacBook Pro in the hope it gets re-released at WWDC on 10th June.
     
  3. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2006
    #3
    Wait as long as you can. Especially if it's approx 3 months where waiting could really pay off for you. You don't want to get disappointed just cause you couldn't wait a couple more months. Yes, you have to get it sometime, but you seem pretty clear in when and what you are waiting for.
     
  4. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

    NC MacGuy

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2005
    Location:
    The good side of the grass.
    #4
    if you don't have a pressing need for a machine, I vote for waiting. I'm hoping for a case design refresh for the MBPs in the near future. My goodness, my old Powerbook G4 looks too similar to what Apple is selling today. They've got the Intel transition down, now let's move on to a new housing.
     

Share This Page