To wait, or not to wait....

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by appygirl82, Jun 9, 2016.

  1. appygirl82 macrumors 6502a

    appygirl82

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2012
    Location:
    Oregon
    #1
    I've wanted an Apple Watch for a long time. Basically where it stands now....there may be a new one soon(ish)?!! Is it going to be a whole new watch? Worth it to wait?? Or just an update of the existing one?! Torn....I've waited so long!!
     
  2. IphoneIssues macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2010
    #2
    I mean, at this point, what you're waiting for is like 3 days away. Might as well wait for them not to announce it again on Monday and then buy it that night.
     
  3. jonnysods macrumors 601

    jonnysods

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2006
    Location:
    There & Back Again
    #3
    I'm waiting. I've been thinking about getting one since December, and all the feedback tells me to wait for gen 2. I've been waiting and saving for a while, hoping they throw this dog a bone on Monday!
     
  4. Volusia macrumors regular

    Volusia

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2016
    Location:
    Central Florida
    #4
    I gave up waiting..... picked up a Sport at Best Buy this afternoon. Figure when they come out with the next generation I will let them work on it for awhile, then consider and upgrade.

    I don't do well at waiting....
     
  5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2007
    Location:
    New Sanfrakota
    #5
    We've gotten no real leaks or rumors indicating that they'd debut the AW2 at WWDC so I'd be surprised if they announce it. The most we've gotten is the new bands from Coach so most likely new AW1 models after WWDC.
     
  6. sean000 macrumors 6502a

    sean000

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2015
    Location:
    Bellingham, WA
    #6
    You might as well wait a few more days to see if anything is announced, or at least if any hints are dropped. Personally I will be surprised if they announce a new watch, because yeah... there'd probably be some leaks and rumors.

    I'd wait until next week and then buy one. Even if they announce the AW2 in the Fall, it's not like the AW1 will stop working. In fact there will be people wondering whether the new model is worth paying for, or if they are better off just getting the original at a discount.

    Sean
     
  7. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

    BarracksSi

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2015
    #7
    Can we consolidate all these self-doubt threads? Seems like a new "Should I wait or not?" thread gets started every single friggin' week.
     
  8. ivanwi11iams, Jun 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2016

    ivanwi11iams Contributor

    ivanwi11iams

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2014
    Location:
    Atlanta, GA
    #8
    But one now. Best Buy and the likes have them on sale. Even if Apple release another, it wouldn't be seen till September and probably cost a fortune. Then you might have to wait for 'certain' bugs to be fixed, etc...
     
  9. rockyromero macrumors 6502

    rockyromero

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2015
    #9
    DG (delayed gratification) is a sign of emotional intelligence.

    Right after WWDC, immediately after, buy the AW. Immediately.

    Then get the AW emotional app installed and ready for September.

    The AW will make your next ride a lot easier.

     

Share This Page