To Wait or Take the Free iPod?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Noah812, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Noah812 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,
    I finally made the decision to buy a Mac for the first time - the 13" MBP. Since my 6 year eMachine desktop is still barely hanging in there, I'm technically not in a rush to make the purchase and am trying to decide if it's worth missing the back to school deadline on the free iPod for students in hopes that the next 13" MBP model will making a significant design improvement.

I'm an embarrassingly late adopter, and could probably wait it out another 4 or 5 months if I had too.

Any Mac prophets out there? I'm guessing that unless there's been an indication that the next 13" MBP model will see a major change I should take the free iPod Touch and start enjoying my first Mac along with it.

Sorry if this is a stupid question. Thanks!

2. Identity Fraud macrumors 6502

Do you think the current 13" mets your current needs? If so, and you're also in the market for a new iPod (and dont forget you can also get a $100 rebate off a printer) I'd say get it now. You mentioned your laptop is dying, if you're looking to replace a unit and don't want to have any downtime I don't see much benefit to waiting.

If you dont want the ipod and printer rebate and think the current 13" is under powered and can limp through with your current model for awhile then wait. It seems that a small refresh would be due for late '10 or spring of '11 but thats just based on the past, we have no idea when they'll actually update the line.

3. pawelthegreat macrumors member

pawelthegreat

An iPod touch for free is always nice and will please the kiddies.

4. mansanas macrumors regular

there probably won't be an mbp update, but there will be an ipod update soon, you should wait for that!

5. mark28 macrumors 68000

6. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

Assuming that the "free iPod Touch" would be the refreshed one and that the promotion won't be discontinued :D

7. tonywang.xmpt macrumors member

In my opinion,
    you might as well get the mbp now
    An update probably won't occur any time soon.

I recently got my new MBP 15'
    and I have no regret whatsoever.

Good luck.

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

There probably won't be an update until next year. As for the iPod, they probably will be updated in September after the promotion ends.