To wait or to find a good deal, audiophile help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jboyd710, Jun 28, 2013.

1. jboyd710 macrumors member

I've asked several questions on this forum and get nothing but good answers, thank you all. However I have been thinking, I need something portable with a fair amount of power. That being said, battery life is not the biggest deal to me. So I was thinking, on apple refurb store they have the 15 MBPr for 1599.99, the computer will be used for everyday use, email, word doc, etc. I am also going to use it for some light gaming, but mainly need something portable to work on audio, encoding, mastering, recording, should I wait for the next generation or do you all think this will suit all my needs plus some? Thank guys!

2. pnyc macrumors 6502

Most likely the refurb rmbp will let you work on audio, encoding, mastering, recording just as well as the upcoming rmbp. It's hard to say anything with an absolute certainty when talking about unreleased hardware but I don't think anyone is expecting any mayor audio related improvements from the new rmbp.

There will be a performance improvement coming with the new rmbp, however most likely it'll not be that significant when working on audio, encoding, mastering, recording.