To will call, or not to will call?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by joshcls, Apr 20, 2015.

1. joshcls macrumors 6502

joshcls

Should I have UPS/FedEx hold my Apple Watch package for me day of?

What's the best way to do it?

I just don't want to be stuck waiting til the end of the day to pick it up or something weird.

(AWS SG 42mm / 12:02 / 4/24 - 5/8)

2. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

I did that for UPS for the iPhone 6. It was easy, just used UPS MyChoice and had them hold it at the hub. I picked it up on my way to work.

You show your ID and walk out with the shipment at 8AM!

3. mjs402 macrumors 6502

Doesn't UPS have to have at least 1 failed delivery attempt before they hold it for you? That's what I was told last time, but I'm in Canada so it may be different.

4. Brammy macrumors 65816

With my 6+, I called them once I had a tracking number and firm delivery date (mine came in a day early from Apple's guess once it shipped). I just told them to hold it at my sorting center and drove down to get it when it opened at 10.

The sorting center is about 15 min from work and about 45 min from home. TBH, even if I was off the day it was coming I'd just go get it and be back home by 11 instead of staring out the window like a dog looking for its master.

5. ant69 macrumors regular

ant69

I get my new Apple products (particularly the higher value ones) delivered to my office, that way there is always someone (receptionist) to sign for it.

Ant

6. Ckbook28 macrumors newbie

I am guessing you need to wait till status is changed to shipped before you can do this?

Thanks,

7. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

In the US, if you set-up a free UPS Account, they will email when something ships to you. You can then request an alternate date or to hold it at the hub.

No idea about FedEx.

8. mjs402 macrumors 6502

That's a really good point. I'm going to have to try that with the Watch. Even though it's on the other side of town, I'd rather drive and pick it up than wait for the UPS driver to make his/her way to my house.

9. joshcls thread starter macrumors 6502

joshcls

I run my own business from home. Not worried about someone not being here, and I'm already counting today as a wash. But if I can get it sooner, or avoid checking out the front door for 8 hours, then I t might be worth it.

Just concerned they won't let me get it, or make me wait an extra day

10. iFanaddic macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

How does UPS know something is being shipped to you if you haven't entered your tracking number in your account? They know with just the adress?

11. co.ag.2005 macrumors 68000

co.ag.2005

that's what I'm wondering. I'm tempted to have UPS (if it ships via UPS) hold it at their facility since the truck typically delivers to my home about 6pm. I have UPS myChoice, so I can make the change there if needed. I'm just wondering if I will still get it that day (and likely earlier, once the UPS center opens VS waiting all day for the driver to deliver). Or will it come the next day? What are the chances of me getting it a day "late" if I have them hold VS have them deliver?

(keep in mind, I have the May 13-27 window, so I'm not sure what day will be D-Day for me)

----------

yes. if you sign up for myChoice, you input your address, and you will get notified when a shipping label is created in your name and address.