toast 10 titanium can't burn vcd

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lavendermint, Apr 3, 2009.

1. lavendermint macrumors newbie

Hi guys, i just got toast 10 titanium, hoping to burn vcds and dvds that can be played on normal vcd or dvd player (not just on computers). dvds burn ok, but i couldn't burn vcd, as i couldn't find the Video CD option on the Video page, which starts with DVD-video, followed by a couple of other formats like blue-ray, etc. i thought it supports burning of vcds as well, am i not right? what can i do to get it to burn vcds? if it doesn't support, what other applications can burn vcds? i tried Burn but it doesn't work! Please help me!

2. i_never_existed macrumors newbie

i_never_existed

I am on the same boat as you.

I used TOAST always in the past to burn movies to VCD.... suddenly it seems to have been forgotten about in Toast 10.

Anyone know of a good alternative? I just downloaded ivcd to try it out... and it simply doesn't work.

3. lavendermint thread starter macrumors newbie

i tried ivcd as well but i can't even install it. the thing i don't understand about toast 10 is i saw some sites with screenshots showing its video page with the option for burning vcd, but there're also sites that show the video page without the option for vcd. anyone using it too can shed some light on this?

4. simply258 macrumors regular

Go to Toast Preferences and choose "Show legacy formats and settings" for it to appear in the Video window.

5. devonvanhook macrumors newbie

You Rock!

Thank you simply258!