Toast 10 Titanium FLAC Issue?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by mikeschmeee, Nov 9, 2010.

1. mikeschmeee macrumors 6502a

Hello,

I've used Toast (10.0.8) for a few things and I rarely burn CD's as I just upload music to my iPhone but I was wondering why I can't burn FLAC files onto a CD-R? I get this message when trying to drag a few FLAC files into Toast...

"No files were added, because none of them were sound files or in a supported format"

I was under the impression that Toast can burn FLAC files? No?

Help?

Thanks
    Cheers
    Mike

2. mikeschmeee thread starter macrumors 6502a

I totally forgot that VLC Player is play to play .FLAC files along with many other types. I played the FLAC files with VLC with Audio Hijack Pro ran in the background and recorded the song as VLC did not convert the files properly then put it onto a CD.

Toast still doesn't burn or support FLAC files, atleast on my end it doesn't but using the combination of VLC Player and Audio Hijack Pro solved my little problem... kind of...

Cheers!
    Mike

3. Fishrrman macrumors G4

"Toast still doesn't burn or support FLAC files, atleast on my end it doesn't but using the combination of VLC Player and Audio Hijack Pro solved my little problem... kind of..."

Hmmm, are you sure?

I have an old copy of Toast 7 running under Rosetta on my white Intel iMac.

I don't use .flac much, but I recently aquired some music in the .flac format.

I dragged and dropped those tunes into my copy of Toast, and it burned them to CD without problems.

Proviso: I -did- encounter -some- .flac files that produced distortion when I tried burning them using Toast. Not -all-, just -some-. But other files seem to be handled by Toast without problems at all.