Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hawk2Wind

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 31, 2017
I am new to a Mac and after some burnin software and disappointed there is so little choice ,the only one out there is Toast and the reviews i have seen don,t rate it.But i have to go for it as there is nothing else comparable .What i want to know is there anything different between the 12 and 15 i can,t go for the 16 as it costs to much.I can buy a 15 download on Ebay for £20 but would i be better buying a new copy?i am on
MacOS Sierra.

tibas92013

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2013
Costa Rica
I have been a very happy customer the excellent burning software "MAC DVD RIPPER PRO" for the last four(4) years in which I have burned over five hundred(500) copies of my extensive original DVD Movie Collection.

Hawk2Wind

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 31, 2017
I have just received my copy of Toast 15 and it failed to install i was told it would work with
OS Sierra but a couple of days ago i was upgraded to High Sierra i don,t know weather that is the problem.The guy i got it from on ebay said it was new but i saw this message saying it had been modified on July 4 time 20.55.The first time i tried to install it said there were extra stuff on the disc from Coral and told me to look at the settings Security and Privacy it didn,t say what i should do when there? i,m new to a Mac .I,m a bit peed of about not getting it on here. I,ve tried to get it on here 4 times and that message about the security only came up the first time.

opeter

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2007
Slovenia
I am using Toast 14 it works without problems under El Capitan. Attention: I don't have High Sierra (HS)!
I didn't update my Mac and will not do that for the foreseable future.

For Toast 15: it should work at least on Sierra (10.12.x). Maybe they changed something in HS.

So my suggestion is, try to get something like AppCleaner or similar and look for any traces, the installer of Toast 15 left on you machine. You can also try CCleaner for Mac.

After you done that, try this:

macOS Sierra: Open an app from an unidentified developer
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25088?locale=en_US

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.