Toast 8.0.3 : Creating the DVD

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by yujiaus, Jan 27, 2008.

1. yujiaus macrumors newbie

I have been try to create the DVD for my music video, which I have total more than 10 media files.
    However, I could not find the solution to make a non-stop play disc...
    I mean, it does play all video. But there is the gap between the each videos.

Is there any way that I can make as gapless video DVD?
    :confused:

2. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

When you say gaps, do you mean you didn't edit any footage and just burned your video to disc or you didn't put in any transitions thus it shows the screen breaks?

3. yujiaus thread starter macrumors newbie

I am not sure how can I say...
    Yes, I did not edit any footage and wish to burned my video to disc. However, these files are should be one whole video file. But due to large size. file has been divided to 15 files (Actually, these files are some musician's concert). So I would like to make a DVD... Is that make sense??? :confused:

On option, Play all items continuously is checked. :(

4. ChrisA macrumors G4

You are using the wrong software. You are going to have to combine all the video into one. Apple makes some good software just for this purpose. All macs ship with iMovie that will work, You can do it with Quicktime Pro but the interface is not as nice. And then or course there is Final Cut Express/Pro

It is not clear what you want. Is it one continuous video but with a chapter menu so you can if you like skip to some specific segment? Also you do not say what format you are working from. Was this shot with Mini DV Even if it was the files are only 7GB per hour not all that large when 500GB disks sell for $120.

5. yujiaus thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, ChrisA. :eek:

Yes, I do have a software, which I can combine all the videos into one (Split & Concat). But it will not be set the chapter each songs/videos.

And, these files are vod files... which I have copied from friend's dvd collection (not the retail dvd!)...

So, only solution is use iMovie or Final Cut software??? Does the Toast 8 has that kind of the functions??? :confused: