Toast 8, and .toast files

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Corneillious, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Corneillious macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have a copy of toast 8, and a load of .toast image files that are numbered like file.toast.001, file.toast.002. I want to be able to mount this disc image, but I don't know how, could anyone help me please? Sorry if this is answered somewhere else but I did a search and came up with nothing.

2. karenflower macrumors 6502a

karenflower

The .toast file has been split, and you'll need to find an application that will put it back together - try giving Split & Concat a go.

3. Corneillious thread starter macrumors newbie

You beauty, that worked perfectly. Thank you! :D

4. fredrickyoon macrumors regular

fredrickyoon

I noticed that Toast 9 is out on the manufacturer's website but not at the Apple Store yet. Any insights/reviews as to if I should get Toast 8 or wait for official reviews for Toast 9?

Thanks

5. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

I'd say get Toast 9, but that's just me. I would not want to buy a previous version, unless it was cheap.

6. dxpx macrumors member

dxpx

Forgive me - for as my profile implies, I'm a MacRumor "newbie!" - but what exactly is Toast 8/9? I can say in clear conscious that I've never heard of this application before.

7. Corneillious thread starter macrumors newbie

A program which is basically an easier way to get any kind of media on any kind of disk to want to, in anyway you want, than apple lets you.

http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/toast/titanium/overview.html

It's all lovely and warm.

Oh, and personally I see no need to update, but then again 8 isn't missing anything I can think of using the program for, so I see no point of upgrading for upgrades sake.

8. dxpx macrumors member

dxpx

Sounds like a sweet gig. Thanx, Corneillious!

9. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I you are looking for Toast 8, you can get it on eBay for $24. They are not in the box, just come with the CD and Key.