Toast 8 Titanium for $29.99!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gvg45, Aug 29, 2007.

1. gvg45 macrumors member

Just thought I would post that Fry's Electronics has Toast 8 on sale. Its $69.99 with 2 mail in rebates of $20 bringing the cost down to $29.99. One of the mail in rebates end on the 30th, but even for $49.99, its still a great deal off its normal price of $99.

I was abe to pick up a copy today to go with my brand new 2.8 24" iMac. :D

2. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

Roxio must be about to release new version 9 soon? Probably for Leopard.

3. gvg45 thread starter macrumors member

Possibly, but for $29.99 what do you have to loose. This version even does burns Blu-Rays.

4. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yes, it's definitely a great deal regardless of when version 9 is going to be released. As you say, the functionality in Toast is very comprehensive and isn't lacking in too many areas. That being said, it would make sense to see an update when Leopard is released.

Also, it's "lose", not "loose". A pet peeve of mine is when the simplest of words are repeatedly spelled and/or used incorrectly.

5. gvg45 thread starter macrumors member

Looks like I hit one too many o's. :eek: Still trying to get the feel for this new keyboard.

6. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Haha no worries, sounds like it was an honest mistake. You wouldn't believe how many times I see "loose" being used for "lose" though - it's almost as bad as there/their/they're and to/too/two. Makes me wonder if they teach English in grade school anymore... ;) :cool:

7. mopppish macrumors 6502

Umm... I don't think there's any way to use these rebates together.
    One requires that you buy the software between 8/1 and 8/9, the other between 8/22 and 8/30.
    Still, thanks for the heads-up.

EDIT- Actually, that's what the rebates say when you download them. But it's very clearly labelled as "$40 off via rebates" on the page. One of them is supposed to be an upgrade rebate, so I'm sure Fry's will sort it out.

8. JSANDK macrumors newbie

Only $20 Rebate - Misleading Advertizing on this one

I just called Frys and they said they made a mistake on this one. It is only a $20 rebate. They said they would make the change on their site immediately. The mistake was putting two different rebate forms up, but one has already expired (8-1 to 8-9). Bummer.:mad:

9. JSANDK macrumors newbie

New data - all OK

OK, new data . I called again., and this time the guy said there ARE two different $20 rebates. They had an old one on the site, and he emailed me the good ones. So, there IS a $40 rebate available. You'll have to call them (1-877-688-7678) and have them send you the two rebate forms to be sure you get the new one.

Although, the second rebate requires you have an old copy of software. Here are the requirements.

To qualify for your $20 rebate by mail:
    • Purchase one (1) copy of Toast 8 Titanium between January 1, 2007 and January 31, 2009 at Participating Retailers.
    • Be a licensed user of a retail (physical / boxed) version of Toast, Popcorn, Jam,
    Easy Media Creator, Easy CD & DVD Burning, or any other Roxio / Sonic Solutions software product.
    • Complete and mail this form with the original UPC (barcode) from the Toast 8 Titanium box and a copy of the receipt dated between January 1, 2007 and January 31, 2009. You must also submit proof of ownership from the Roxio / Sonic retail (physical / boxed) product. Acceptable qualifying examples are: photocopy of user manual’s cover page, photocopy of the original retail box, photocopy or original installation CD).
    • All requests must be postmarked within 30 days from date of purchase.
    Purchase must be made between 1/1/07 and 1/31/09
    Toast 8 Titanium $20 Rebate Dept. #06-60134

To receive your $20 rebate by mail for Toast 8 Titanium or Easy Media Creator 9:
    • Purchase one (1) copy of oast 8 Titanium or Easy Media Creator 9 between August 22, 2007 and August 30, 2007 at Fry’s Electronics or Frys.com only.
    • Complete and mail this form with the copy or original UPC (barcode) and a copy of the
    Fry’s Electronics or Frys.com receipt dated between August 22, 2007 and August 30, 2007.
    • All requests must be postmarked within 30 days from date of purchase.
    Purchase must be made between 8/22/07 and 8/30/07
    Toast 8 Titanium or EMC9 $20 Rebate Dept. #07-76233

10. mBurns macrumors 6502

11. gvg45 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I just noticed the part of having to have an old copy of the software. Quite honestly, $69 was a good deal. $29 is too good to be true.:rolleyes: But even $49 is a great deal. :)

I was getting ready to plunk down the $99, so you can image how happy I was to find this deal. Hopefully some others are able to save some money if they were looking into buying this software.