Toast 8 Titanium Q (Re: Disc Space)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ::Lisa::, Feb 18, 2008.

1. ::Lisa:: macrumors 6502a

::Lisa::

Hi all, I got Toast 8 Titanium (8.0.3) last week and have copied a few DVDs and wrote them fine using it until today. I'm trying to make a backup of Blade. Copied it with Mac The Ripper and kept the title menu. I then went to write it, changed name and copied over the files but it's giving me an error that there is not enough free space on the disc.

I have tried looking for this but I can't find anything specific on instructions on how to make it change this automatically. i.e. I want to tell it to write to disc and Toast to compress it to the DVD-R disc size automatically but the best possible quality for the disc size. Is this possible? I've already put it on automatic encoding and changed the quality settings down, but the size doesn't change (5.81GB).

I don't really want to loose the titles at the front in an ideal world and though I'd ask here first if it was possible to set it to automatic. If not, how would I do it manually. I did actually think Toast did this automatically anyway, I guess I was wrong.

Thanks in advance.
    -Lisa

2. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

Have you tried to 'burn' the main-feature only .. If you only got regular DVD-R or +R discs...

Within MTR you can select which gets ripped e.g. full disk or main-feature only ... When i rip, i do a 'full disk' rip since i'm ripping to Hdd not to dvd-r or +r discs..

3. ::Lisa:: thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yep, I knew about that. I thought I might've been able to edit Toast so I could keep the disc titles as the beginning is that not possible at all then? Maybe I should just get rid of the titles then and just extract the main feature if it's not possible to compress it in Toast.

Thanks for your help.

4. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

I just check my 'toast' app and there is an option to 'fit' to dvd compression under>video>formats>options... albeit toast 7

there should be something close in Toast 8...

Attached Files:

5. ::Lisa:: thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks ever so much that helped a LOT. I was using the DVD-Video one and dragging the Video files on there. There is actually a TS_Files one. I didn't notice it there before. It's doing it now. Thanks ever so much.