Toast 9 Help. CD Spin Doctor will not install.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sonpit, Nov 18, 2008.

1. sonpit macrumors newbie

I have heard other people with this same problem, but have not seen a fix.

I have a brand new mac pro with the newest version of Toast 9 (Version 9.04). My problem is ... You have to install "Audio Capture Support" to CD Spin Doctor in order to record audio from the internet. The installation says "Successful", but the "CD Spin Doctor Capture Support" is not listed under "Input Devices" in Advanced Prefs. Also, it is not listed under "Input" in Sounds of System Preferences. However, it is listed under "Output" in Sounds.

It appears that something is prevented it from installing as a Input Device.

Any ideas? I have installed and uninstalled many times with no luck. Also, I have written to Roxio, but no response yet.

2. randrade macrumors newbie

i had the same problem. i just threw away cd spin doctor and reinstalled it from the CD. i then openned it and installed audio capture then i patched toast to 9.0.4

my problem is it wont capture internet audio ???

3. richardf231 macrumors newbie

Installation fix for Audio Capture Support

I had the same trouble. I didn't run CD Spin Doctor until after I had installed the Toast 9.0.4(253) update. I tried installing CD Spin Doctor Audio Capture Support several times, but it would not show up as an input device. That was CDSD version 5.0.3.640t.

I went back to the CD Spin Doctor that I had downloaded with the original Toast 9 that I purchased, version 9.0.1(246). That was CDSD version 5.0.0.597t. I installed Audio Capture Support in that version, and it did show up as an input device in that version. Then I started up CDSD version 5.0.3.640t, and it found Audio Capture Support as an input device, too.

4. kevinnrice macrumors newbie

spin doctor not working here

I am seeing the same problem. My Toast 90 came with CSSD ver 5.01.617t. I updated to 5.0.3.640t. I can not get the Audio capture Support to work with either version. It looks like it installs ok but does not show up on the pulldown menu.

Any other ideas?

5. philr macrumors newbie

I Have The Same Problem As The Last Guy!

I have the same problem, but can someone just tell me how to get rid of the audio capture support from my sound preferences in system preferences please? Thank you.

6. Val-kyrie macrumors 65816

No Sound Input from CD Spin Doctor

I am having the same problem. I tried trashing the latest version of CDSD 5.0.3.640t and installing the original version of CDSD 5.0.0.558t, but when I tried to install the Audio Capture Support with the original version, CDSD did not show up in either the Sound Input or Output. With the latest version, CDSD shows up as an output device, but not as an input. I am going to contact Toast but I don't expect much, so I am also planning to file a complaint with my state's Office of Attorney General for fraud. I am tired of paying for products which do not work AS ADVERTISED.