Toast 9 Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by KenDrek, Jan 1, 2009.

1. KenDrek macrumors newbie

KenDrek

I'm a newer Mac user and am attempting to burn something to a dvd via toast. However, every time that I try to at the ends it comes up with an error and says the writing could not be completed. I have tried it now on two different disks and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Could someone help me out please?

2. poolvibe macrumors newbie

poolvibe

Need more details on what you are burning. Data, Music???? or duping something?

3. KenDrek thread starter macrumors newbie

KenDrek

4. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

So are you using the Disk Copy function under the Copy tab in Toast? Is the disk a commercial disk or one you have previously burned? Does it come with an error message concerning a "medium error"? Are you burning at "best" speed or have you stepped it down to a slower speed for troubleshooting? What brand/type of disks are you using?

We could probably help you determine what is going on a lot better if we had some more info- what does the error actually say for instance, as well as the other questions above. There are several possibilities that need to be eliminated via more info.

5. KenDrek thread starter macrumors newbie

KenDrek

I actually went under the video ts in order to copy it and it is a commercial disk that I am trying to put onto a blank one. I've been trying to burn it at best, I actually hadn't even thought about the option of burning it at a slower speed in order to troubleshoot it. I'm using the TDK brand DVD-R with 4.7GB. It has actually had an error twice now. The first time it went the entire way through and then had an error with the verification and the second time it had an error at the very end right before verification. I'll try to burn it at a different speed and see how that works.

6. KenDrek thread starter macrumors newbie

KenDrek

Ok, I tried doing a copy at a lower speed and it still fails. It goes all the way through the process and then fails the verification. I used Mac the Ripper to rip the dvd and then went under Video TS in toast to record it. Is there a different ripper that I should be using that would make the process work?