Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

big_malk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2005
Scotland
Hi, I'm backing up loads of files to DVD, I dragged all the files into Toast and started burning, letting Toast organise the files across multiple DVD. On DVD 11 of 18, there were some drive errors, and Toast crashed.

I dragged all the files into toast again, and I've tried to find a way to start of where it stopped before, but I don't seem to be able to. Surely I won't half to waste 10 DVDs and start the whole process over again?!

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Pretty sure you're SOL. If it crashed, it doesn't know what was completed in its last task.

big_malk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2005
Scotland
Pretty sure you're SOL. If it crashed, it doesn't know what was completed in its last task.

SOL?
Well I assume it'll organise the files in the same way each time (with disc the same size obviously), so started again and tried cancelling the disc burn, hoping it might just cancel disc one and skip to disc two, but no joy.

I guess I'll just have to start all over again, and manually organise the files across the disc incase this happens again, buthat could take all day :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.