Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

donelson

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
London, UK
I had Toast 6, and it worked fine on my Pioneer DVR-112 for the last couple of years.

I just upgraded to Toast 9 Titanium, and it's now rejecting almost all the blank DVD-Rs that I try to record to.

"Please insert blank media."

But I know the spindle of Verbatim DVD-Rs ARE blank, and good quality.

Going back to Toast 6 works fine. It's just Toast 9 that complains.

Any ideas?

Dual G4 1.25GHz, 2 GB RAM, OSX 10.4.11, Pioneer DVR-112, Verbatim 16x DVD-R media

rpaloalto

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2005
Palo Alto CA.
I have a pioneer 112 using toast 9.0.2
I have no problems with any dvd's I just burned through a 50 spindle of memorex -r. Now on a pack of verbatim -r x16. I have also recently used some cheap officemax -r.

Is your OS X up to date. I do remember having some trouble with 10.5.2.

Are you inserting the blank disk when toast is open? I know if you do insert the disk with toast active it wont show up in your desktop. Try inserting a blank disk and let it show up in your desktop before you opening toast.

donelson

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
London, UK
I have a pioneer 112 using toast 9.0.2
I have no problems with any dvd's I just burned through a 50 spindle of memorex -r. Now on a pack of verbatim -r x16. I have also recently used some cheap officemax -r.

Is your OS X up to date. I do remember having some trouble with 10.5.2.

Are you inserting the blank disk when toast is open? I know if you do insert the disk with toast active it wont show up in your desktop. Try inserting a blank disk and let it show up in your desktop before you opening toast.
I'm using a dual G4 and 10.4.11 (up to date)

Toast is already open, so none of the blank DVD-Rs I load show up on the desktop or bring up the "mount it?" dialogs.

umbilical

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2008
FL, USA
I was have a powermac g5 2.3 and now have a macpro 08, and I never have problems with MAXELL DVD+R or DVD-R, I use all versions of toast... so I recommend buy MAXELL DISCS....

donelson

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
London, UK
Yes, I have no trouble burning DVD-Rs (the ones rejected by Toast 9) from the desktop AND from Toast 6.

Only Toast 9 complains "Please insert a recordable disc" for perfectly good discs.

Sometimes, if I try again, Toast 9 then accepts the DVD-R, sometimes not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.