Toast 9

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wesk702, Mar 21, 2008.

1. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

works great on new mac pros.
    too bad they didn't bother to fix 8.

Pretty much a paid update...not upgrade:rolleyes:

2. Ironduke Suspended

Ironduke

bluray encoding speeds are a joke we are talking days here people on a 1.66 Core Duo:eek:

3. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

whats wrong with Toast 8? Been using it for a long time with no problems.

4. kaltsasa macrumors 6502a

Toast 9 has a few neat new features. I'd like to know if they have fixed burning speeds vs. Toast 8. In my experience 7 to 8 general write speeds dropped 1-3x. I'd like to get that speed back. Some of the conversion stuff is neat, but I already have Visual Hub. The HD camcorder support would be useful since Apple's support of some of those are lacking right now. I'm not willing to drop the bills yet myself but I'm going to see if my employer will buy me an upgrade (I have 8 at work) before I drop my own billz.

5. MacDaddi macrumors member

MacDaddi

Not Much Of An Upgrade

I was so siked to see that Toast 9 included Blue-ray that I swooped on the upgrade right away since I use my LG Blue-ray for backup. Then I looked at my Toast 8 Box and saw that it supported Blue-ray. So what was all this hype about downloading Toast 9 and then getting a special Blue-ray extension for free? I already had it with Toast 8. Other than the streaming factor with Toast 9 (which is weak to say the least) I don't see anything better.:mad:

6. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

I've had that experience with other software companies as well (like Parallels). The upgrade was necessary for Intel processors and they wanted to charge me for it. Very annoying.

Cheers.