Toast Crash's or 108 Memory error every time

marknicholls

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2004
Bristol, England
Toast either Crash's (quite's unexpectidly) or 108 Memory error every time i try and convert and burn a DVD...i have 18gb of free space and 512MB RAM....Can anyone help?

Thanks

.:*Robot Boy*:.

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2005
New Zealand
I had a similar problem this afternoon. I was trying to burn a DVD of an AVI file and I got an error to say that I was out of memory (which is ridiculous as I have 2GB). I opened up Activity Monitor to find that I had 1.2GB of free/inactive RAM and more than enough hard disk space for virtual memory. I have no idea why Toast thought I was out of memory, but I gave up and used ffmpegX to convert it to a Video_TS folder and burned that using Toast.

marknicholls

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2004
Bristol, England
nsheikh80 said:
I didn't particularly enjoy using Toast. I tried DiscBlaze which is excellent!
I just downloaded discblaze....it doesnt appear to convert AVI to a DVD player format (VIDEO_TS)

does anyone know of any other good apps that will do this?

Such a shame i am having problems with Toast, on my old flat panel mac i had no problems and it was a lower spec

marknicholls

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2004
Bristol, England
DiscBlaze did converet it but you cant put 2 avi files on the same disc like you can with toast ( to play in a DVD player)

There must be another toast like app out there? all i want to do is convert 2 avi's into a DVD playable file with a menu to select which one i want to play....like you can in toast!)

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
Yeah, I've been having this same problem. At first I thought my Cube was just too slow to encode and that's why it crashed after a couple of hours, but after getting the same message on my dad's G5 (albeit much quicker) I'm really at a loss.

You might wanna just find an AVI -> QT program and try iDVD or something like that, which is what I believe I'm gonna end up doing.

marknicholls

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2004
Bristol, England
livingfortoday said:
Yeah, I've been having this same problem. At first I thought my Cube was just too slow to encode and that's why it crashed after a couple of hours, but after getting the same message on my dad's G5 (albeit much quicker) I'm really at a loss.

You might wanna just find an AVI -> QT program and try iDVD or something like that, which is what I believe I'm gonna end up doing.
I have just upgraded to Toast 6.1 and it has sorted all my problems out :)

Thank God....i love this app!