toast image to dmg

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zoran, Dec 29, 2010.

1. zoran macrumors 68030

i have a toast image file and i want to convert it to dmg format so it can open to any mac that doesn't have toast installed, is there a way to do this from the latest version of Toast Titanium?

2. davidlv macrumors 65816

I just tried this to confirm it works. Double click on the toast image, did it mount? If it did you are good, just use Disk Utility to make a disk image big enough to hold the content, and copy everything over to the new image file.
    If it is a system disk this method won't work due to the invisible files included.

3. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

Yes it does mount, i guess if i understand correclty your advise ill make the dmg file using disk utility to make an image and all i have to do is just copy in the image file the contents of the mounted toast image... right?

4. davidlv macrumors 65816

Yes that's right, I tried it and it worked fine. However, if the Toast file is a copy of a system disk (bootable DVD/CD) it will not work. Use Disk Utility, click the new image icon, set the size. name and location of the new dmg file, and then copy over the data you want it to contain.
    :cool::apple::cool: