Toast LE

Discussion in 'macOS' started by hoppity55, May 19, 2008.

1. hoppity55 macrumors newbie

hi I am a newbie (1st Post) Just been on ebay and there is an auction for old Mac magazine give away cd's and one is for Toast LE from searching this site I see it is a Toast lite anyone know if its any good as I want to try Toast (I am brand new too mac's) so dont have any cd authoring programmes should I try it or go for Toast 9 ? cheers Hoppity:) forgot to add I am using OSX Jaguar 10.3 and just got 10.4 tiger today but not installed yet (bought leopard and too good for my old G4)

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

If you are running Leopard then absolutely go for Toast 9. I use it and it rocks for all of my DVD authoring and burning needs.
    CD's that ship with the Mac magazines have demo versions of software, I wouldn't recommend buying those discs. Those magazines cost between $5-10 U.S. so they wouldn't come with full versions of any decent software.

3. hoppity55 thread starter macrumors newbie

HLdan Thanks you have confirmed my suspicions but being new to Mac's I am trying to feel my way round and money is always a concern but fathers day is coming up cheers Hoppity:)