Toast Not Working on Nehalem Mac Pros?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by mattbray, Mar 14, 2009.

1. mattbray macrumors member

I have tried burning a VIDEO_TS folder in Toast 8,9 and 10 and each time the program crashes. Anyone else experiencing this?

2. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

3. milend macrumors newbie

I've experienced reproducible crashes on another application (Xbench). I'm not sure if they're related.

4. mattbray thread starter macrumors member

I wonder if 10.5.7 will fix the crashes or if Roxio needs to update their program... It just seems weird that the new hardware is causing the problems... Maybe Apple used a specific build of 10.5.6 that's causing the problems.

5. milend macrumors newbie

I've got the octo-core config but with the same gfx card as yours. I can't see how the crashes could be related to it but it seems strange that we both have apps which are just broken on the new Mac Pro (I hope it's not hardware but I think I'll ask for a replacement).

Can you try running http://www.xbench.com/ like 5-6 times (quitting the app and relaunching it every time you run the tests) and see if it crashes for you as well (because it does crash almost 40% of the time for me). You don't need to run the Disk Test to reproduce the crash.

6. mattbray thread starter macrumors member

I ran XBench five times and it crashed on the fifth run.

7. raw911 macrumors regular

ive gotten the same problem ruined many dvd's keep getting "unstable connection error 30230" ... i just requested a refund heck with this crap

8. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Did you really return your 2.66GHz Mac Pro thats on your sig?