Toast problem

JzzTrump22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 13, 2004
1,229
0
New York
Everytime i open toast it opens the disk image and asks for my password. How do i change this? I just want to have it in my dock, and when i click on it i want it to open without having to open a disk image and type in my password. It's really getting to me.
 

JzzTrump22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 13, 2004
1,229
0
New York
Yes, i know i did it correctly. It used to work for me before i got my hard drive replaced. Now all of a sudden it's being a bitch.
 
Comment

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
4,347
1
JzzTrump22 said:
Everytime i open toast it opens the disk image and asks for my password. How do i change this? I just want to have it in my dock, and when i click on it i want it to open without having to open a disk image and type in my password. It's really getting to me.
Hey JzzTrump22,
If you're sure about a correct installation with the new HD, you might want to check the settings under Preferences>General>"prompt to save changes when quitting" (checked?) Did you save that .dmg accidentally? Then Sharing>"Toast Anywhere Off" (It's it's on, it will require a password). Then Converted Items>"Delete Converted Items": (Choose "When Toast Quits") then delete any converted items. Good luck,
X
 
Comment

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
8,089
4
Sol III - Terra
JzzTrump22 said:
Yes, i know i did it correctly. It used to work for me before i got my hard drive replaced. Now all of a sudden it's being a bitch.
Which disk image is it automatically opening up? And does it open it to start Toast or after Toast is already starting?

If it's the former, you probably don't have Toast installed correctly. If it's the latter, Toast may have some setting pointing to the disk image. Either hceck your Toast settings/preferences, or wipe them out totally if this is the case.
 
Comment

JzzTrump22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 13, 2004
1,229
0
New York
xsedrinam said:
Hey JzzTrump22,
If you're sure about a correct installation with the new HD, you might want to check the settings under Preferences>General>"prompt to save changes when quitting" (checked?) Did you save that .dmg accidentally? Then Sharing>"Toast Anywhere Off" (It's it's on, it will require a password). Then Converted Items>"Delete Converted Items": (Choose "When Toast Quits") then delete any converted items. Good luck,
X
All those settings were already there. I don't know what to do now.
 
Comment

JzzTrump22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 13, 2004
1,229
0
New York
Bear said:
Which disk image is it automatically opening up? And does it open it to start Toast or after Toast is already starting?

If it's the former, you probably don't have Toast installed correctly. If it's the latter, Toast may have some setting pointing to the disk image. Either hceck your Toast settings/preferences, or wipe them out totally if this is the case.
I have toast as a dmg file right now. So i open the dmg and then double click and the program asks for my password. Thast the first way. If i save the actual toast icon somewhere and then click it, it will open the disk image (when you double click a dmg it makes the picture of a white disk) and then ask for my password to open the program.
 
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.