toast titanium 10 failure in OS 10.5.6

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stacyphi, Jan 26, 2009.

1. stacyphi macrumors member

Jan 19, 2009
    The following is an exchange I just had with Roxio tech support. I have a new iMac with 10.5.6 installed so I can't revert to an earlier version. A week ago I had the same type problem with toast version 7. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Me: I just installed an version 10 upgrade from version 8. I copied a CD onto Titanium 10 and then inserted a blank CD to make a copy and got the following: "Interface Error:-32030 The connection is not stable".
    What happened? What should I do?

roxio tech support: Have you installed Mac OS X updates? It is being reported that issues similar to yours are happening to users in similar conditions using Mac OS X 10.5.6
    Please remove last updates or use the Time Machine to revert to a period prior to the latest Mac updates

Me: I have a 2 week old iMac with OS 10.5.6 installed. So there has been no update from a previous OS. Now what? This happened with my Toast Titanium 8 and I was told to upgrade.
    Are you working on a fix?

tech support: Please contact apple as this is a hardware related issue.

I contacted Apple which says it's a Toast issue, not Apple.
  2. mperkins37 macrumors 6502a

Jan 17, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Sounds like a run around.
    I haven't upgraded to 10.5.6 yet, and I guess maybe I'll hold off a bit more....
  3. JavierD macrumors newbie

Jun 21, 2009
    Same problem here.

Apple told me to do an Archive install as I blame them from several programs crashing after upgrading to leopard. I did it. and nothing, same problem, installed in a brand new HD, same problem. Upgrade it from Toast 7 to Toast 10 Pro and same crap.

Any ideas????????