Toast Titanium 8 burning prob

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Arrow20, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Arrow20 macrumors newbie

I have a .mov file from iMovie that I would like to burn on to a DVD. I am using the latest version of Toast Titanium 8 (which I bought as an update from Toast 6 in the hope that it would fix the problem) but I keep coming up with Error messages.
    Sense Key = Illegal request
    Invalid Field in CDB
    sense code = 0x2

Also one about an Incompatible medium installed

I have a iMac G4.. mac OS X 10.4.11
    The DVD writer is pioneer dvd-rw dvr -106D

I have tried lots of things including different discs but the error messages just keep coming! :confused:

2. davidleon macrumors member

I assume the file is a MOV file that is part of an iMovie project. Toast may not be able to read and convert the file properly. Try to convert the MOV file to a VIDEO_TS folder or a Toast compatible format with VisualHub or MPEG Streamclip (freeware). Then, you can burn to DVD with Toast.

3. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

You should export your video as a standard .mov file (Quicktime Movie File). Toast should be able to import that and burn it with no issues.

Make sure you export it from iMovie as a self-contained movie file, not a reference file.

4. Arrow20 thread starter macrumors newbie

Didn't work

Thanks for your help - I t ried this but it didn't work. Still getting the error messages!
    :eek:

5. Arrow20 thread starter macrumors newbie

How do you convert

I'll try this but I don't know how to convert the MOV (Imovie project) to a video_ts folder?
    I'm a bit of a novice at this stuff! I will download MPEG Streamclip and covert project to MP4 format and try burning that
    Thanks

6. Arrow20 thread starter macrumors newbie

same probs

I tried converting to MP4 format - but same error messages came up when I went to burn to DVD with Toast. I'm doomed! :(

7. Phish311 macrumors regular

solution?

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? Suddenly i get this error message anytime i try to burn a dvd

8. Arrow20 thread starter macrumors newbie

Burning prob

Sorry - never solved it - but I upgraded my computer to a G5 and now its fine. I think it was the recorder?