Toast Titanium 8 Quit Unexpectedly

Discussion in 'macOS' started by scott:mac, Feb 26, 2008.

1. scott:mac macrumors regular

Hi
    Im running 10.5.2 and am trying to open my version on Toast 8.
    It bounces in the dock for a while and then goes off, displaying the message " Toast 8 Quit Unexpectedly" no matter what i try it never works.

Please respond a.s.a.p
    [​IMG]

Scott

2. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Something's faulty with the app. Have you tried downloading a new version?

3. scott:mac thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, ive tried at least 4 and the first one i used worked fine on my last 10.5.2 but i reinstalled leopard and now it doesnt :confused:.

scott.:apple:

4. hodgjy macrumors 6502

Try deleting all preference files associated with Toast.

5. phase5 macrumors newbie

I just upgraded my processer to a dual 1.73Mhz with 1.5Gb SDRAM.

I have also upgraded to OS 10.5.2.

Now I find every DVD project I burn with TOAST 8.0.3; (lastest version, and which worked fine prior to 10.5.2); will burn the project; (VIDEO_TS & AUDIO_TS folders); but verification always fails with the message:

"Mismatch at byte 1813/sector 92357. verification Failed".

It's always byte 1813, while the sectors always different.
    If I boot into OS 10.3.9; (backed up on firewire drive); and use Toast 6 the same project always burns fine.

I'm beginning to think it's something to do with OS 10.5.2 ......

6. MaddMacs macrumors 6502

Yeah My Toast 8 is acting fishy. I keep getting a pinwheel then it says "Connection Failed" on a disk icon. This happens when I quit the program, or after a burn. Then I got a crash on a disk labeling program that automatically popped up after the burn. The disk burned okay though.:confused:

7. rhurrel macrumors newbie

Try deleting the Xvid codec in the Library>Quicktime folder. This should solve your problem (it solved it for me). I downloaded this codec today and just by chance tried to use Toast afterwards. It wouldn't work. All seems good now though :)

8. sbahe5150 macrumors newbie

Xvid

Moving the Xvid codec out of the Library>Quicktime folder solved the same problem I was having, thanks!

9. phase5 macrumors newbie

It took m e a few days to work through MY problem and resolve it.
    At the same time I installed the new processor I added 512Mb RAM, replacing a 128Mb strip of RAM.

The new RAM turned out to be faulty. I used "REMBER" (free download) too confirm it. Removed faulty RAM, replaced it with old RAM.

Just burnt 3 DVDs in a row. All burnt and verified OK.
    Not sure why it worked in OS 10.3.9 with faulty RAM, but there you go, that's computers for you.

10. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

download Perian which includes codecs for divx, xvid, flv, mkv etc for QuickTime. i have no issues with Perian and Toast.

11. MaddMacs macrumors 6502

Apparantly Toast 8 does share preferences with Toast 7 and will cause irregular behavior. It will also install Divx 6.0 next to 5.2. Possibly causing additional irregular behavior. They reccomend doing a complete uninstall (you have to do it manually). It fixed my issues. From Roxio Support:

Please uninstall and reinstall Toast 8:

How to fully remove Toast 7 & 8 Titanium form your computer.

1. Delete the Toast 7 & 8 Titanium software folder located in the Applications folder.

2. Press Command-F and enter Roxio into the search field. Delete the Roxio folder from these two locations:

Library/Application Support/

/Library/Application Support/

3. Press Command-F and enter 'Toast' into the search field.

Delete the 'Roxio Toast Prefs' file and the 'com.roxio.Toast.plist' file from this location: /Library/Preferences/

Delete the 'ToastIt.plugin' file from this location: /Library/Contextual Menu Items/

4. Press Command-F and enter 'Deja Vu' into the search field.

Delete the 'DejaVu.prefpane' file from this location: Library/PreferencePanes/

Delete the 'Deja Vu' folder from this location: Library/Application Support/

Delete the 'com.Propaganda.DejaVuPref.plist' file from this location: /Library/Preferences/

Delete the 'DejaVu.pkg' file from this location: Library/Receipts/

5. Press Command-F and enter 'DivX' into the search field.

Delete the 'DivX 6 Decoder.component' file from this location: Library/QuickTime/

Delete the 'DivX Decoder 6.0 Preferences' file from this location: /Library/Preferences/

6. Press Command-F and enter 'CDS' into the search field.

Delete the 'CDSpinDoctor' folder from this location: Library/Application Support/

Delete the 'com.roxio.deepseasoftware.CDSpinDoctor.plist' file from this location: /Library/Preferences/

Delete the 'widget-com.roxio.deepseasoftware.widgets.CDSpinDoctor.plist' file from this location: /Library/Preferences/

Delete the 'CDSD Recorder' file from this location: /Library/Widgets/

7. Open System Preferences, set CD & DVD preferences to use Apple products or to Ignore, then Restart

After restart empty the trash if you have not done so.

Run Disk Utility (located in Applications/Utilities folder) and Repair Disk Permissions on the hard disk.

Install the latest Toast update.