Toast Titanium DVD issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pkal, Oct 21, 2007.

1. pkal macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I've got a problem with Toast 8 that I need a fellow Mac fan to answer. I'm trying to burn a DVD-Video with Toast so I can watch it on my set-top DVD player. My DVD player plays DVD-R, which is what I'm burning to. I'm burning 4 .mp4 files that are each about 300 MB set to automatic encoding.

When I burn the DVD, though, it won't play in my set-top box. It will play in a small, cheap, portable DVD player, and on my Mac, but on neither of the set-top players I've tried.

Am I doing anything wrong? Let me know if you need anymore information about my situation.

2. coocooforcocoap macrumors regular

coocooforcocoap

i doubt that you are doing anything wrong (ha, but can't be sure from here) and it's a common problem regardless of what burner or OS or box you are using. So what does that leave? the media. have u tried different brands on the set-top box? i bet it's an older model yes? the newer dvd players are much more tolerant of pc-burned discs, and accept more formats like dvd-rw.

i have also found that cheap Chinese players, at least the ones we get here on the border, can play a wider range of formats and accept more media brands, where as a branded sony or panasonic won't. So, if u can go to your pal's house or local dvdsuperstore and that disc plays there, then ur set-top may need a replacement...heck, they are pretty cheap these days no?