Toast Titanium Problem

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by robbie comeau, Oct 9, 2009.

1. robbie comeau macrumors newbie

Hey all.

I have a project from FCP that I exported using Compressor as an M2V file.

When I add it into Toast, and burn the DVD, the video appears to be stuttery/jittery when played on a DVD player. It is not HD footage. Just plain DV.

I did it on multiple DVD players, and I still can not find the source of the problem.

Any suggestions would be great, thanks.

Robbie

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Have you tried reburning the DVD at a slower write speed such as 4x?

3. robbie comeau thread starter macrumors newbie

4. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

One of the things I've noticed over the years that Toast likes to do is to recompress everything you feed it prior to burning, regardless if it's a proper .M2V file you're feeding it. The issue could be stemming from that process; hard to say, really.

Also, if you're using FCP and Compressor in your workflow, what's stopping you from using DVD Studio Pro to author the DVD? If it's the learning curve, you can easily make a simple playable disc without a menu without too much fuss. You just import the assets (in most cases, a M2V video file and an AC3 or AIFF audio file), drag them to Track 1, delete the default menu and set "First Play" to Track 1. Then, you name the disc under Disc Properties and hit "Burn." Simple. Done. In DVDSP, as long as you give it properly compressed video and audio files, no other compression will take place.

5. robbie comeau thread starter macrumors newbie

I started off in DVDSP, but I couldn't highlight the buttons, so I couldn't indicate which title they were on....So I moved to Toast.

But now I've figured it out in DVDSP, so I may do it there. Cause I initially started there!