Toast won't burn when fw drive attached

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by brent0saurus, Aug 20, 2008.

1. brent0saurus macrumors regular

brent0saurus

I've been getting this "medium error" every time i try to burn a dvd (maybe cds too, i just never use toast to burn cds) but when i unplug my external fw800 hard drive, i don't get the error. The files i'm burning are on the external hard drive so it needs to be there.
    I googled it and found people having the same issues with Toast 8 but I have Toast 9 and have the same issue.
    any idea what could be happening??

the error code is:
    The drive reported an error:
    Sense Key = MEDIUM ERROR
    Sense Code = 0x73, 0x03

2. maccompaq macrumors 65816

maccompaq

Over the years, I have discovered that there is not always a solution to every problem. Why not copy the files to the internal HD, disconnect the FW drive and then burn the DVD? I know, I know, it is not the answer you were seeking.

3. brent0saurus thread starter macrumors regular

brent0saurus

haha, yeah i actually have been doing that but i just got the same error with it on the internal! i'm trying a slower speed to see if that works, but either way it's annoying. i just want to keep files where i want and burn them from there :( is that so much to ask???

4. maccompaq macrumors 65816

maccompaq

From what you are saying, it sounds like Toast 8 and 9 do not work. Is that pretty much it? I just got Toast 9, but have not yet tried to use it.

It might be worth a try to use a different Medium (brand of Optical disc), but I suppose you have already tried that.

Roxio is certain to have a lot of complaints.

5. brent0saurus thread starter macrumors regular

brent0saurus

yeah i guess that's the problem. i had toast 8, and with my external attached it didn't work, and without it, it did work.
    then i got 9, figuring it'd be better. i was wrong. it doesn't work either way :(