Toast

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Ellen, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Ellen macrumors regular

I own Toast 8 and was wondering if it is worth upgrading to Toast 9. Are there any must have features? I have an iMac that's a year old, and a Macbook that I bought in 4/08. Thanks!

2. tibi08 macrumors 6502a

tibi08

3. Ellen thread starter macrumors regular

4. tibi08 macrumors 6502a

tibi08

Then you don't need to upgrade

5. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

There are a huge number of additional capabilities that were added to Toast 9 in areas from streaming video, working with Blu-ray, audio recording and slideshows, video editing and on and on.

If you go the website at Toast 9 then click on the "Why Upgrade?" tab at the top you will see a straight forward chart that compares the capabilities of Toast 9, Toast 8 and Toast 7.

With that factual information you can then see if the addtional capabilities are areas that interest you and could help you with what you are doing- and whether it is worth upgrading for your use.

BTW- One thing that does not show up on the charts is video encoding (such as making a video disk from a collection of .avi files) - I have found that to be quite a bit faster in 9 than in previous versions. Anyhow, check out the chart and see if anything would help you! :D