toast10 and blank cds not loading mounting in finder

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by LP15, Apr 21, 2009.

1. LP15 macrumors newbie

hey,

i just recently reinstalled my whole OS as my cd drive wouldnt function proply. it wouldnt recognise blank cds and the guy at apple help suggest a couple things that didnt work and said i would have to reinstall if they didnt work. they didnt so i did.

after getting everything fine and dandy i just reinstalled toast10 titanium to find that again blank cds won't load again! however, i can still burn thru toast....can anyone please explain this?!?!?!!?!? does toast override ur system prefrences selection of always open in finder? also someone might like to put this in a pointers/help section or something so people dont make the same mistake i did!!!

cheers

2. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I think Toast doesn't play nicely with your System Preferences for 'blank CD insert'.

If Toast is open, it will 'capture' the blank CD and it will not mount on the desktop, this is so you can't get confused with two windows for burning files to the same blank CD.

3. LP15 thread starter macrumors newbie

hmm....well it started doing what it did last time, it burnt one cd then wouldnt recognised any others....i just completley deleted it and restarted my mac and cds will mount now...i think toast is dodgy!!! i know it works for others but wont for me?!

I WOULD SUGGEST TO ANYONE USING TOAST WHOS BLANK CDS WONT WORK TO DELETE TOAST USING APPDELETE THEN RESTART UR MAC!

the whole reason i wanted toast was for .bin and .cue files and since have found free software utility called Burn. Burn can handle BIN and CUE files with ease, and this freeware program is small and fast.

ok so there must be something wrong with my mac as when i install ANY burning program my mac stops recognising any blank cds and i cant burn them using the program installed.......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........any ideas??????????