Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eg2007

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2007
Just got mine. Ordered Monday, received Weds. LOVE IT. There are no flaws. It's a Targus VuScape clone with Leather and magnets. Which is what the Targus case SHOULD have had in the first place. For $39.99 and free shipping off eBay, this is a steal.

Ianlti

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2011
Just got mine. Ordered Monday, received Weds. LOVE IT. There are no flaws. It's a Targus VuScape clone with Leather and magnets. Which is what the Targus case SHOULD have had in the first place. For $39.99 and free shipping off eBay, this is a steal.

Where do you find this on eBay? Do you mind share the link?

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011

The Targus Vuscape was absolute garbage. I saw that at Best Buy. Looks like a terrible case.

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
Please elaborate with specific reasons as to why you think the vuscape is garbage..maybe I'm missing something but it looks like a fantastic case to me?

I saw it at Best Buy but it was an opened package so I got a chance to actually look at the case....personally, I thought the blueish hue interior was ugly....and the case itself looked like the seams would come undone around the edges. I know it was one of the first cases that was made available but it's clear that it was rushed out to the market.

Wait...the Vuscape is not the one that flips 360 is it? That one looks ok (same ugly blue interior) but I didn't like it cause it was very bulky. Can't speak for the construction though since I only saw pictures online. The one I'm referring to is the folio style case.

Last edited:

rdodge

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2011
Nothing come through yet - did you get mail from me (from Andrew Dresner)?

Could you resend your reply and I can check?

I searched my email for your name and could not find. I had our administrations search our "catch-all" account and could not find it either. Just send me your email address in a Private Message on this forum.

Zodiak

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
Gatineau, Qc, Canada
I still want the Toblino Stitched Argyle model, but for the iPad 2!! :)

51u7EmDjHRL.jpg

Adexis

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2011
I searched my email for your name and could not find. I had our administrations search our "catch-all" account and could not find it either. Just send me your email address in a Private Message on this forum.

Probably showing my stupidity here but where is the option for Private Message?

GadgetAddicted

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2009
You think it looks too busy?

It's toblino's special edition model for the iPad 1. I just like that it has an interesting design on it with alternating leather :)

Yes...the iPad is about simplicity and clean lines. The argyle pattern makes it look clustered.

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
Yes...the iPad is about simplicity and clean lines. The argyle pattern makes it look clustered.

Hmmm the argyle pattern isn't that bad but I kinda agree with GadgetAddicted....I prefer the regular black finish. I was never into all those crazy pattern cases though. I like to stick with black color. Still, this is nicer than some of hte other designs I've seen on cases.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume then that you don't like this case?

speck_iguy_w300.jpg

GadgetAddicted

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2009
Hmmm the argyle pattern isn't that bad but I kinda agree with GadgetAddicted....I prefer the regular black finish. I was never into all those crazy pattern cases though. I like to stick with black color. Still, this is nicer than some of hte other designs I've seen on cases.

speck_iguy_w300.jpg

THAT'S a case?

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
Lol yeah. Speck makes it. Why someone would want to carry around their ipad in that is beyond me. It's 39.99.

kschles

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
hmmm the argyle pattern isn't that bad but i kinda agree with gadgetaddicted....i prefer the regular black finish. I was never into all those crazy pattern cases though. I like to stick with black color. Still, this is nicer than some of hte other designs i've seen on cases.

speck_iguy_w300.jpg

we are your ipad overlords !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.