Today is cancelled.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by GanChan, Oct 6, 2008.

1. GanChan macrumors 6502a

This morning I began the day by cutting myself shaving. I was then late to my first appointment, and upon arrival I broke the door handle on my car. I then proceeded to screw up a bunch of important paperwork. Then a new client with a big job cancelled our meeting.

So I went home (successfully) and have barricaded myself in my room, where I plan to spend the rest of the day attempting as little as possible.

Have you ever pulled the plug on a day because it just looked like it was hopelessly doomed?

2. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

3. Nadav macrumors regular

This happened to me exactly 2 weeks ago. All my teachers coincidentally gave me a test on the same day, and even though I studied the entire weekend, something went wrong with every test. I spilt my water on my essay test in english, didn't match up my scantron with my test in history, forgot my calculator for math, lost my reference table for chemistry right before the test, and blanked out on my chinese test. Sadly, I couldn't cancel the day in the middle of it, or else I would have received multiple cuts. Thankfully its behind me now.

4. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

I thought this thread was gonna be about some desperate money-saving move by NBC's Head of East Coast Television and Microwave Programming.

5. aethelbert macrumors 601

Amen. Can we cancel Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday indefinitely as well?

6. JLatte macrumors 6502

I hate those days. Funny thing is my door handle just broke off last week as well, sent me flying backwards in the parking lot.

7. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

I think we should

8. ButtUglyJeff macrumors 6502a

ButtUglyJeff

9. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I've had days like that, but they usually just end up getting me more and more pissed off and stubborn about keeping on going.. which in turn irritates me even more that I can't quit.

problem > irritation > stubborn (may or may not cause more problems) > problem > irritation ad infinitum. I'll get physically exhausted before I just give up, usually. I wish sometimes I could just walk away from stuff.

I get pretty worked up sometimes...

10. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Cake. "There's no sense crying over every mistake, you just keep on going till you run out of cake..."

11. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i've had those days.
    ugh. horrible.

*hugs for everyone's bad days*

12. SubZer0 macrumors member

I vote we cancel the next couple of days too!

The weather service is calling for several inches of snow :mad:

The first few days of transition into winter suck around here. What normally takes me 15 minutes to drive suddenly becomes 45

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story/547351.html

Mark

13. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Do you look like Penelope Cruz? I thought not. Please do not hug me. You can blow a digital kiss, or a few Paypal dollars and I'll be happy.

14. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

I've had these kinda days too.
    They suck.
    At least you didn't have to drive home thinking, "great, now I have to wait for my shiitty Windows Vista computer to turn on, then I have to wait for Windows Explorer to come back up after it crashes three times."

15. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Don't worry, the upside is tomorrow could be even worse... making today's problems seem rather petty. :p

16. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Are you full, dry, warm, and maybe hammered??

Enough said. :p

17. rpaloalto macrumors 6502a

rpaloalto

Actually, I was late for work today.

I don't know what happened. I guess I was, so tired from this weekend. That I turned my alarm off and went back to sleep. I awoke on my own 30 minutes later, at 6 am. The funny thing is, I swear I don't remember getting up and turning it off.
    Unfortunately this his has has happened before. So I actually keep my alarm about 10 feet away on a dresser so I actually have to get up and turn it off.

It's kind of scary, I guess it means I was sleep walking.:eek: