Today is the 14 day mark.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by SBradford, Mar 2, 2011.

1. SBradford, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011

SBradford macrumors member

I'm really not sure whether to refund this Macbook 7,1 and buy the new Macbook pro.
    Am I able to still do it? It's almost 7PM GMT and I ordered on February 16th. Is 14 day mark since I ordered or received it?
    With my student discount the extra is only like 70 GBP.
    I don't really do much on my Macbook, MS Office, Spotify, iTunes, iMovie every now and then.
    What do you think?
    Would Apple charge me for returning this Macbook? Even if I said I was upgrading?

EDIT: I have also experienced 4 kernel panics. And according to coconutbattery my battery life in 96% after 7 cycles, I have calibrated the battery once.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

3. AndyK macrumors 65816

AndyK

If you don't do much on the machine in terms of power required, why pay more for a machine designed for more intensive use?

Calibrate the battery as I get the impression you haven't done that since you got it.

Also, give repairing disk permissions a shot and see what happens.

4. darkeartg macrumors regular

return it right now, i don't think you should have gotten 4 kernal attacks within 2 weeks...

5. SBradford thread starter macrumors member

The battery has been calibrated...lord knows why you think I haven't?
    And I hve got 4 kernel panics, 1 out of 3 I open my MAcbook from sleep, I get "you need to restart your macbook" why lie?

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You didn't read the post:
    Even though you did, you'd be amazed at how many have never calibrated, or done it properly, thinking it was nothing more than draining the battery all the way and recharging. Did you read the Battery FAQ I posted? It will answer your battery questions.
    No one is saying you're lying or haven't gotten kernel panics: