Today might be the day

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by noobinator, Oct 16, 2014.

1. noobinator macrumors 601

That it becomes a bit easier to buy a new 6 or 6 Plus.

If the new ipads are available for order/preorder today the scalpers may shift their resources to the ipads.

Hopefully that will open up some lines and maybe ordering from the Apple website for in store pickup. I've had over 50 phones in my cart over the past few days for pickup but haven't gotten one yet that went through without the dreaded error.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I guess I've lucked out since I was able to order online and process the order.

I ordered 2 IP6+ this way, one this morning for my wife.

As for the iPad taking the pressure off of the iPhone 6 sales - that's not going to happen. Apples and oranges. People won't be buying an iPad instead of an iPhone, and that's the only way we'll see a slow down in sales.

3. noobinator thread starter macrumors 601

You are correct they are very different.

However scalpers run a business and put their time and resources where the big money / hot ticket items are. I'm just saying this might shift to the new ipads today.

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

the iPhone being released in the other waves of coutries will slow down scalpers not ipads and apple tv's

5. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

Store has been down all morning. We will be back...

6. noobinator thread starter macrumors 601

My plan is to try and order a 6 plus for pickup right after it goes back online. Stock should be refreshed and everyone should be focused on the iPad pages.

7. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

It seems like the hype over new iPads is much lower than iPhones. I was able to walk in and buy my 3rd gen and Air the weekend of release.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't think its going to work that way. Apple Stores are getting stock every day, and so the best time to order, is first thing in the morning before the stores open up. Select store pickup on a local store that has one available.

I don't think they'll magically appear right after the keynote and the online store is back online.

9. noobinator thread starter macrumors 601

They are restocked online at certain times and one of the certain times is 9am.

10. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

There's an afternoon restock, so with the online store down, it'll likely come back up right after restock. I'd be ready if I wanted to buy. Checking the online trackers during down time to see if any stores restocked with the model you want might help.

11. furbzv1 macrumors 6502a

furbzv1

i dont think the demand for the new ipads are going to take the heat from the iphone

12. deeddawg macrumors 604

Not sure that'll do any good since the stock checkers seem to simply work off of the Apple website.

Might be worth just going to an Apple store at lunchtime today. ;)

13. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Do these stock checkers not pull from someplace other than the forward facing site info?

I would think they would, because you cannot check stock at Best Buy (for example) on their web site (they tell you to come to the store), yet you can get Best Buy info on iStockNow and on iDeviceTracker.

14. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I was at the mall yesterday and there was a line outside Apple. I went in to check the 6/6+ and saw an older asian man purchase four new iPhone 6/6+ all in cash. I think he was scalping it, because he had wads of cash in separate bundles and had the guy do separate transactions. So you knew he wasn't purchasing it as gifts for his lovely grand kids.

15. TechnicallyTee macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

iPads arent going to take over the iPads..plan and simple.

16. macduke Suspended

macduke

All ye Apple faithful make haste, for the Black Friday cometh!

17. noobinator thread starter macrumors 601

My plan failed. Had about 10 unlocked phones in my cart for pickup at various times just now and all got the error.

FAIL

18. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Of course, because people buying the iPads were not interested in buying the iPhones and vice versa. The demand for the iPhone was not going to be impacted by the iPad.

19. robert109 macrumors member

robert109

Agree