Today screen still not showing Traffic / ETA...

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Ent, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Ent macrumors regular

What gives? I have frequent locations on and it's recorded me at work only 4 times (I work 5 days a week and havent had any vacation) since i've installed ios 7 nearly 3-4 weeks ago. Is there anything I need to activate when i'm at work so it records it in frequent locations?

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I can't get this feature to work for me so I gave up on it.

3. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

maybe try using maps just once between home and work....may be coincidence, bu showed up for me right after i did that.

4. Nimoy macrumors member

It took about two solid weeks of going to work every day for it to finally show up. Very useful (and accurate) feature.

Is your work address tagged in your contact card? I'm not sure, but this might be necessary.

5. vanilla.coffee macrumors member

6. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

Best...post...ever...:D

7. Crispy Duck macrumors regular

Ha ha at your first calendar event! :D

I can confirm it took about 3 and a half weeks for it to start working for me.

I work about 7 minutes drive from home - and usually the 'unusually heavy traffic, right now it would take you 12 minutes' warning during rush hour is pretty accurate... however this morning there was total gridlock due to an accident and it took me 45 minutes to drive the 7 minute journey – however I had the same 12 minutes message :(

Edit: My Home and Work address are both labelled in Contacts – not sure if this is a requirement or not.

8. robjulo macrumors 6502a

"Today" is a shell of what Google Now gives you. I'd use that instead.

Hopefully that changes with the acquisition of Cue.

9. ~Ks383~, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013

~Ks383~ macrumors 6502

Today screen still not showing Traffic / ETA...

It is not necessary to have both home and work locations labeled in contacts. I have home listed in contacts but not work and it started working for me this morning.

10. TheKrs1 macrumors 6502

How much do you use your phone at work? I think unlocking triggers a frequent location update. If that's true, then the more you use the phone, the more it will learn your habits.

11. zerostar macrumors regular

It worked great for me during the betas but has yet to work for me on the final. Its says I have been home and work about 20 times each and still I get nothing :( I have tried updating my location several times at home and at work. I will try routing to home tonight on my drive home, maybe that will help.

12. Ent thread starter macrumors regular

Been using it all the time..idk.

I'll try opening the Maps app a couple times though, maybe that will help.

13. techiegirl macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

I've had my 5s since 10/1 and I still don't have the traffic feature. I travel to and from work at the same time every day, 5 days a week.

14. redman042 macrumors 68020

It has never worked for me and I upgraded to iOS 7 on day one. Location services are fully turned on. I have a pretty consistent drive to/from work. Not sure if Apple is just taking their time moving us towards this feature or what. Perhaps upgrading to 7.0.3 will ultimately fix this (after more location data is collected), but so far it's made no difference.

I'll try to remember to use navigation for a few days to give it a boost.

15. JGWolven macrumors regular

Really interesting. I think I've had this feature on my phone since September. I double checked my settings to see what may be the issue. Do you guys not only have location services on but enables for Maps as well? Otherwise, I'm not sure. The premise of the idea is cool but it is sometimes misleading.. 18 minutes to work got me there in 40, and I'm not sure what magical route I could have taken to get me there any quicker.

16. benji888 macrumors 65816

benji888

From what I have read, you have to have your work address in your contacts with the label "work" (along with your home address labeled home). I do not have a regular schedule, so cannot confirm myself, but, have been reading a lot since late June with the betas, started at beta 2 myself, and most of what I have read states this and about 2 full weeks or more after this for it to work.

17. techiegirl macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

I have all that and it's still not working for me. Oh well.

18. redman042 macrumors 68020

Nice! I hope your wife/gf accepted the invite to that appointment.

19. vanilla.coffee macrumors member

She sent the invite :)

20. benji888 macrumors 65816

benji888

Which iPhone? It works with iPhone 4S & newer, so not going to show up with iPhone 4 if that's what you have. "Traffic information in Today view is available on iPhone 4s or later" footnote 1 here: http://www.apple.com/ios/whats-new/

21. techiegirl macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

22. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Yep, it takes 2 full weeks to learn your driving patterns before it will be able to display the traffic information.

23. suminub macrumors newbie

afaik, you dont have to set any addresses in your contact information. it just knows it by tracking your location. If you have it set, then it will show up as
    it will take you x mins to reach home/work

if you dont have it set, it will show up as: it will take you x mins to reach <address>

24. redman042 macrumors 68020

It's working for me now.

Make sure you are checking it at the normal time you are heading to work or heading home. It's not going to show anything in the middle of the day if you normally don't head home until late afternoon.