Today Summary/Traffic Problems

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by OriolesMagic, Sep 24, 2014.

1. OriolesMagic macrumors member

Anybody else having an issue with the Today Summary and Traffic Conditions with their new phones on iOS 8? They are both turned on in the Today view, but neither show up at all. Tomorrow's summary does work though.

Has this happened to anyone else? Solutions?

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Traffic conditions show up after about 2 weeks, it takes that long for iOS to learn your driving habits.

Other than that, weather and calendar are about it for what you should be seeing.

3. OriolesMagic thread starter macrumors member

Even if you restored from backup from your 5s?

Also, today summary/weather doesn't show up at all.

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Yes, frequent location data is not saved in backups. New device means starting over.

Make sure that Weather is set to Always under location services. Do you see your calendar events? There really isn't anything else to the today summary, it will just tell you what event is coming up next based on your calendar.

5. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Weather wasn't showing up for me on my 5S after updating OTA to 8.0.1. I removed all my 3rd party widgets, powered off, powered back on, then it was back. Added back my 3rd party widgets and still working.

6. digitalfx macrumors 6502a

digitalfx

add widgets...today is awesome.
    Ive added Calanders 5, Forecast+, Sports Center, Dataman, Launcher

7. RabbitLuvr macrumors 6502

RabbitLuvr

Weather doesn't show on my Today view on my iP6. It does show on my iPad. Both running iOS 8. Location services for weather is set to Always. I'm pretty annoyed.