Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lu0s3r322

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 28, 2005
it's impossible for me to get an A in Precalculus, but even if i get a B my GPA will still be a 3.8

pianoman181

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
Ah c'mon man. Precalc... that's like matrixes and difference quotient and stuff... Those were the days. Sucks on the not able to get an A part... always next semester?

imacintel

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2006
Because I can't complete a certain flight test I am working on. I got 75%, just enough to pass. :(

mcarnes

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2004
USA! USA!
...I fell down the stairs and broke my leg in 3 places. :(

Naw, it was actually a pretty good day. But tomorrow on the other hand...

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Because I got 75% on my GH quiz. Not a huge problem, but it sure sucks.

You should move down here, 75% is an awesome mark.

If you satisfy all the required knowledge of the courses here and show you have a good level of understanding wrt the topics then you get the pass mark of 50%. 75% would be considered a Distinction and shows a high level of understanding and ability. Most people would be scoring in the 60's.

Felldownthewell

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2006
Portland
Because I got 75% on my GH quiz. Not a huge problem, but it sure sucks.

Eh. I got a 68% on my geometry test. I got all the hard parts (midpoints, distance of a line etc) but forgot easy algebra 1 and 2 stuff like equations of lines. Gah. But my teacher likes me and knows I tried really hard and just messed up so he gave me 5% back, so its not failing! yay!

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
You should move down here, 75% is an awesome mark.

If you satisfy all the required knowledge of the courses here and show you have a good level of understanding wrt the topics then you get the pass mark of 50%. 75% would be considered a Distinction and shows a high level of understanding and ability. Most people would be scoring in the 60's.

This is interesting, the way grades tend to mean different things in different places. Makes it hard sometimes when trying to move one's course of study around the globe.

I got a C in a course here at the University of Oslo. I was embarrassed (in the States, at least the part I come from, a C is nothing to brag about), especially since it was a course I loved and worked very hard at, until one of my classmates told me a C actually is a decent mark here. Here, they use "E", so the grading scale is "narrower", if that makes sense. At home, they don't use "E", so a C is lower.

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
...the sun is the same in the relative way, but I'm older.
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

I'm feeling too mortal. Or maybe it's SAD.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
This is interesting, the way grades tend to mean different things in different places. Makes it hard sometimes when trying to move one's course of study around the globe.

I got a C in a course here at the University of Oslo. I was embarrassed (in the States, at least the part I come from, a C is nothing to brag about), especially since it was a course I loved and worked very hard at, until one of my classmates told me a C actually is a decent mark here. Here, they use "E", so the grading scale is "narrower", if that makes sense. At home, they don't use "E", so a C is lower.

Yeah, you should see the US students come over here on exchange and totally freak out when they get marks in the 60s and 70s for work that would get them marks in the 80s and 90s back home.

It's funny to watch them freak out. The exchange co-ordinators spend a fair while educating the students about expecting lower marks.

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2005
I got a 65 on a quiz (not too bad because I get an A on pretty much everything else sso it doesn't matter) and this stupid guy in my class intentionally tripped me in gym class while I was trying to score. He punched a kid in the face later in the day. I've been constantly analysing his personality in my head, and I've realised that he's a very insecure person who builds a veneer of brevado and selfishness to hide it. I'm one of very few people that doesn't let that veneer get to me, and I can defend myself and easily break him down. I realised that if I just let him build up his brevado and leave him alone, we'll be fine, and I did that today, but apparently, that didn't work. (Longest compound sentence ever. I have the weirdest thoughts....:rolleyes: )

pixelbaker

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2006
Because I'm pretty sure I flunked a College Algebra test today. I've expressed this concern in another thread recently, but does anyone else see a trend? Math is ruining the lives of millions.:D

Leareth

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2004
Vancouver
I fixed a Win XP PC today.

I discovered that Office 2007 default files are not compatible with Office:Mac...

My triple caramel macchiatto was decaf.

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
I generally don't have bad days, but if I had to think of something bad happening yesterday, let me see..

No free time to catch up on the latest episode of Torchwood because my schedule is really, really busy at the moment.

Stressed a bit with work, but nothing I can't usually handle. :)

My back is a bit achy from the long hours.

See a trend?

Because I'm pretty sure I flunked a College Algebra test today.
No worries, mate. Failure only happens when you give up. Can you retake the test? ps. I love your name.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Oh now it's been bad so far.

Woke up at 8am due to some kind of road resurfacing going on. Loud as hell it was! Tried sleeping until my mate Paul rang. He was going to give me a lift into Manchester, nice chap. as I have to hand some coursework in.
I tried ringing him from 9am to 11am and no answer. I ask my dad to give me a lift to the bus stop. Get a text message off him saying "forgot" and if I would mind getting a lift tomorrow. Right, because my deadline can be altered by him.
The bus driver refuses me, claiming my bus pass has been faked (hasn't, and I'm going to report him). so I toddle off home sending a text message back saying something along the lines of "thanks, ****er".

Supposed to be my last day before the Christmas break too.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Karma restored everything.

So I set off for uni again. It rained (had too really). Woman at the bus stop was smoking (hate it). THEN the bus turned up. his ticket printer was broke so I got on for free :D
Bus stops in town. Waits about 15 mins before the driver says "sorry, it's terminating here", so everyone jumps on another bus, thankfully with no ticket checking.
Get to uni, find out the tutorials have been pushed forward! Very happy now. Then spend an extra 2 hours just waiting with nothing to do at all. FINALLY I get in and me and my lecturer talked as mates. Really brightened up my day, turns out he's writing a screenplay too :D

Got a Meal Deal. Got home. Mate apologised like hell to me for not giving me a lift. Karma restored. *PHEW*

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.