Today was THE day

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Tritons, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Tritons, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011

Tritons macrumors 6502

So today I got my iPad 2 16gb WiFi (they are not cheap here in Latvia 350Ls (707$ for 16gb Wifi)
    And I have only one word - Amazing. Only bad thing is that I have one dead pixel in corner but oh whatever.

However my question is why I cant download newes iOS update (4.3.5) When download is finished it says - The software for ipad was corrupted during download. Why? :confused:

2. jacobson00 macrumors member

7070$??? you are serious? or did you mean 707$

3. Tritons thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm so sorry I ment 707USD ;)
    Any ideas how to update my ipad?

4. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Before you do...

Settings > General > About > Version. If its 4.3.3 or lower decide if you want to jailbreak. Do your research, if you don't just connect it to your computer and iTunes will ask if you want to update.

5. Navdakilla macrumors 65816

Umm typically to update you just plug it into your computer, and itunes will ask you if you want to update (if you have those automatic settings on)

asumming you were doing that when you got the currupt download message, you can find the latest firmwire (4.3.5 currently) on the internet, if you google it you should be able to find it. Then download that file, and in itunes you can update from that file manually (from mac press command + click and it will let you select a file).
    Hope that helps

6. Tritons thread starter macrumors 6502

what are advantages if i jailbrake?

yes, i did connect ipad to itunes, it asked whould i like to update. it, i hited yes and itunes downloaded update and showed that software was corupted.

7. qtx43 macrumors 6502a

Did you only try updating once? Because sometimes, rarely, the download actually is corrupted, i.e. Not a correct reproduction of the original file. Sucks if you have a slow connection, but you have to do it again. I'd try the manual method mentioned above.

8. Tritons thread starter macrumors 6502

I tryed agien and now I was able to download update and update my iPad. thank you. I love my iPad.

9. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

Congrats! That's quite a hefty price tag though, glad you like it!

10. Tritons thread starter macrumors 6502

Its Latvia, cant do anything about that.
    I have one dead pixel that shows up only when screen is white, like in Safari, home screen, App Store, but when screen is black you can see it. Its odd, but I wont change it, it dosnt bother me so much.

11. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

Move to America where life is better.

12. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

$707!?!? You should've just had me buy it here for $499 without tax and ship it to you. Could've saved you a couple bucks.

13. Tritons thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I'm still 18 and I'm in high school I wont move now and I dont know if I move at all, but Latvia is getting worse, diesel costs about 1,8$ in liter :confused:

Yeah but I couldn't whait :D

14. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh